The Special Education Themed Living Learning Community (TLLC) is for students majoring or minoring in Special Education.
This community provides you with the opportunity for academic support, career exploration, and integrated social experiences. Community programs and activities are geared toward your academic and career interests and include opportunities for you to interact with faculty outside the classroom.
This community does not require an application. As long as you major or minor in Special Education you will be allowed to live on this floor depending on availability. If you opt to live in this community you will be able to select your room on your web date. Please visit the following for more information on our room selection process.
- Special Education TLLC Location - Hewett 15
- Faculty Mentors -
The community offers many opportunities for academic and social interaction.
- Interaction with faculty outside of the classroom
- High-quality programming to enhance your discovery of Special Education
- In-hall academic assistance through the Julia Visor Academic Center
- Study sessions for classes
- Opportunities to interact with professionals and alumni who are currently in Special Education careers
- Field trips to support career exploration
- Personal and floor volunteer opportunities to share your increasing expertise in the Speech Pathology field with the Bloomington-Normal community
- Opportunities to meet and learn from juniors and seniors who are currently in the Special Education department
- Residents must be Special Education majors or minors.
- Residents must abide by the quiet lifestyle policy.
For additional information regarding academic lifestyles at Illinois State University contact us.