This Quiet Themed Living Learning Community (TLLC) provides a quiet environment for students wanting an atmosphere conducive to studying and sleep.
- Quiet hours*: 7 p.m. - 10 a.m. weekdays, starting at 7 p.m. Sunday and ending at 10 a.m. Friday. Courtesy hours all other times.
- Any noise (that is, stereos, televisions, radios, talking, etc.) must be kept at a level that cannot be heard by neighboring residents. Noise that is prolonged (30 seconds or more) and/or blatant (noise that enters another student’s room) is a violation of the policy. At the beginning of each semester resident assistants on all quiet lifestyle floors will meet with floor residents to explain enforcement of the quiet lifestyle.
- With the approval of three-fourths of the floor residents and the residence hall coordinator quiet lifestyle floor lounges may be used for two group functions per semester.
- Three quiet lifestyle violations will result in removal from the lifestyle.
* At the beginning of the academic year each floor may — by a 100 percent vote of the residents on the floor — elect to increase quiet hours.
For additional information regarding academic lifestyles at Illinois State University contact us.