The International House Themed Living Learning Community (TLLC) combines multicultural and multilingual living with the quiet lifestyle.
This TLLC promotes intercultural understanding by attempting to place students in rooms with students from other countries.
- International House TLLC Location - Manchester 8 and 9
- Faculty Mentor for Manchester 8 and 9 - Matt Schwab
International House is the site for many educational programs on International and cross-cultural topics involving the entire campus. Students are encouraged to speak a multitude of languages with their floormates.
The community offers many opportunities for academic and social interaction:
- Interaction with faculty outside of the classroom
- High-quality programming to enhance your discovery of the field of foreign languages
- Opportunities to interact with professionals and alumni
- Field trips to support career exploration
- Personal and floor volunteer opportunities to share your increasing expertise in the foreign language field with the Bloomington-Normal community
- Opportunities to meet and learn from native speakers from different countries around the world
- Residents must be accepted into the International House program. An attempt will be made to assign students to rooms with students from other countries.
- Roommate requests not meeting this policy may not be honored.
- Residents must abide by the quiet lifestyle policies. Quiet hours in International House begin at 8 p.m. Sunday and weekdays rather than at 7 p.m.
- Residents must attend a minimum of two International House programs each semester.
If you are interested in living in International House, please e-mail Matt Schwab or call (309) 438-5276.
For additional information regarding academic lifestyles at Illinois State University contact us.